Thursday, January 11, 2018

Two weeks in...

I'm shocked that we're already two weeks into the new year. How does that happen so quickly? It's somewhat dishearterning, don't you think? :)

I'm participating in the All People Quilt 2018 UFO Challenge and my #12 project was this Star Burst Christmas Tree Skirt. At first I was disappointed that I would be working on a Christmas pattern and then I realized that it might be a very good thing. I might actually get it completed before next Christmas.

I think what originally attracted me to this pattern was the fabrics/colors she chose. I love anything that has that beautiful lemony green in it. I'm incorporating a bit into mine also, but mine will look very different when it's done, I'm sure.


I've been working on it in the evenings for the last couple days and I've managed to get one strip set completed. One more to go...

In addition to working on the above UFO, I had to start a new project too. I can easily knit while watching TV with my husband in the evenings so I started a hat. The Liatris hat. I've never knit a hat before and this pattern is certainly not difficult. I think it's going to be quite nice when finished.

I have very good intentions for this year in terms of posting to the blog more regularly. I actually miss it, but have found myself without the time or the desire the last six months or so of 2017.

I have plans to attend QuiltCon in Pasadena next month. I'm meeting a friend that I don't get to see very often and miss. I have another friend that hasn't quilted in years, but is very crafty/creative and I'm going to ask her if she would like to go along. Should be a fun day!!

Take care,







Started 2018 with UFO projects: 22
New YTD:1
Gave away YTD:0
Trashed/dismantled YTD:
Sold unfinished UFOs YTD:0
Finished YTD:
So far 2018: 23

No comments: