2016 was the first year I've kept track (via a progress chart) of my UFOs and new projects and I've been surprised at how motivating it has been. I plan to do it again for 2017, although I have no specific yearly goal other than to finish as many projects as possible.
I started 2016 with UFO projects: 38
I found (buried in my sewing room and elsewhere in the house) YTD: +13
I started YTD: +7
I gave away UFO projects YTD: -4
I threw out or otherwise dismantled YTD: -4
I sold unfinished UFO projects YTD: -2
I finished YTD: -16
Projects remaining YTD: 32
I do have one final finish for the year to show you (and which has already been included in my finished count)... surprise, surprise... it's another pair of Tesserae socks, (they are already listed for sale in the shop). The taupe/beige "stripe" in the yarn color is actually darker than shows in the photo making much less contrast between the "stripes".
I wish you all the best possible new year!