Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Time flies!!

I'm always a little surprised and shocked at how quickly time passes these days. And, for the life of me, I cannot remember what I did yesterday! :) I'm not quite that bad, but almost. Ask me what inconsequential thing I was doing four or five years ago and I might remember, but not yesterday. As my friend Pat says, "retirement is supposed to be the golden years, but it's really the rusty years".

I didn't work at all on UFOs/WIPs last month. I did work on my Lucy Boston blocks, but only to sew a couple of them together. Pat came out from Boston and was here for three weeks so we started a new bag together. This is the first bag I've made since January and it was surprising to me just how many little tips/tricks that I've forgotten in that short time.


When Pat left to go back home, we were just at the point of sewing the binding on so I went ahead yesterday and got it sewn. Now I only have the hand stitching and handles left to do. It's the Maker's Tote (the large size) by Noodlehead. Nice and roomy for all the good stuff I'm going to carry in it.

Pat and I spent her three weeks sewing on our bags, visiting Quilt Emporium, Superbuzzy (twice), going out to lunch, having our makeup done at Bare Minerals, and meeting up with our friend, Johanne, in Palm Springs for Quilt Fest. I enjoyed every minute of it!

Take care,

1 comment:

Sally said...

Glad you had a relaxing time with friends. Sally